Monday, January 30, 2006

Xmas in Thailand... again

Before heading down to the islands, took a quick trip out of Bangkok and hit some of the less touristy spots of Thailand in a place called Kanchanaburi. Well sort of, it is famous for its hiking, elephant riding and river kwai bridge. But it was a great little, cheap, quiet backpacker hangout and only an hour away from Bangkok.

From there it was off to the islands of Thailand, for the second year in a row I decided to spend Xmas on the beaches in Thailand. This year it was Ko Phi Phi... famous from the movie the beach and also because it was hit hard by the tsunami a year ago. There are still signs of damage and there is alot of vacant space that used to be 10 resorts... but the island is back on their feet and it is an awesome place - with great beaches, shear rock cliffs, scuba diving and great nightlife.

For a complete list of pics, see the below link:
Thailand Pics











1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Okay said...

Chris,
I'm not sure if you'll see this or receive it but I've been asking about you for the last few years trying to figure out what you were up to and where you have been, by reading the articles I can tell you've been everywhere and quite busy...not sure where you are living now but if you recieve this let me know I would love to hear from you....Orla Kelly orlakelly5@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home