Lost in Translation... Japan Travels
To see all photo's from Japan (sorry there is a lot of them) click on the below link:
Japan Photo's




Spent a week in Japan, mostly in Tokyo and a few days in Kyoto. It's a country that definitely puts an unique twist and history on top of what has developed into a modern Western city. For the most part the people are extremely disciplined and polite.... you don't know quite how to react when people working at 7-11 and Macdonalds bow at you. And the city is extremely clean even though there isn't a garabage can in sight (you never see people walking and drinking/eating). I also got to experience my first earthquake.... well, I'm sure to the people in Tokyo it was nothing, but I felt the hotel room shake (and that was before the Sake). And I never thought the day would come that I would be eating raw fish on a daily basis... but when in Japan....
Tokyo: a land of lights, gaspanic bars, animation, electronics, really short hotel doors (see pic), fashion, arcades upon arcades, suits (bus drivers even wear suits), bullet trains, tremendous use of space and hilarious tv shows, as well as, temples and palaces. Oh yeah.... and they have a tower just like the Effiel tower (except 13m higher and orange) and a mini statue of liberty.... go figure.
Kyoto: Very much the opposite of Tokyo. Much smaller, much more traditional (at least for the tourists). Full of temples, shrines, palaces and sushi restaurants.
Japan is a must see.... it is more pricy for hotels, trains , taxi's etc... but the food is cheap and very good.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home